- Digital Video and Audio in one cable
- DisplayPort Extension Cable / DP Extension Cable / DP (M) DP (F) / DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable / DisplayPort Male to DisplayPort Female / DP to DP
- Supports resolutions 1080p
- Small footprint compared to VGA or DVI
- Supports High Definition Content Protection ( HDCP )
DisplayPort is a digital display interface standard put forth by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA). It defines a digital audio/video interconnect intended to be used between computer and display monitors, or computers and home theater systems. Similar to HDMI, in that it supports both Digital Video/Audio signals, DisplayPort is geared more toward the computer market, where HDMI dominates the Home Theater market. Tripp Lite's DisplayPort cables support a maximum bandwidth of 10.8 Gbps, as well as DPCP (DisplayPort Content Protection), and HDCP.