- Bring fiber to the desktop conveniently and cost-effectively
- USB-powered for portability,use it with the included power adapter
- SFP port supports Gigabit Ethernet using 1250-Mbps SFP transceivers
- UTP port supports 10/100/1000BASE-T
- Supports Jumbo Ethernet frames up to 10,240 bytes
- LED indicators for power,UTP,and fiber status
- Ultra compact,weighing only 2.5 ounces
The Micro Mini Media Converter is ideal for bringing fiber to desktop and mobile applications where lightweight, compact size, and low power requirements are critical. Weighing only 2.5 ounces and about the length of a house key, this ultra-compact media converter is portable yet powerful.
For extra versatility, it can be USB-powered, making it easy to provide fiber connectivity to locations where AC or DC power is unavailable, for instance, field-deployed fiber-to-the-laptop. For easy portability, this tiny converter conveniently slips into a pocket or laptop carrying case.
The converter is plug-and-play with an RJ-45 port that auto negotiates for speed, duplex mode, and crossover functions for PCs with 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-T Ethernet. On the fiber side, the converter accepts SFPs for connection to a variety of Gigabit Ethernet fiber types.
Use it with Black Box 1250-Mbps SFPs (LFP411, LFP412, LFP413, LFP414) or any other standard 1250-Mbps SFP. Because it can be powered through a computer's USB 1.0 or 2.0 port, the Micro Mini Media Converter is ideal for connections to fiber in areas where a spare power outlet may not be available. When plugged into a computer's USB port, the media converter shuts down automatically when you turn off the computer, which saves energy.