- 232¡êRS-485 Interface Converters-DB25 Female to Terminal Block
* Use point-to-point or multipoint.
* Operate in half- or full-duplex over two or four wires.
* Work with or without transmit ¡°echo.¡±
* The converters' RS-232 side has a DB25 or DB9 male or female connector configured as DCE.
* The converters' RS-485 side has a male or female DB25 or DB9 connector, or a terminal block.
* If your RS-232 side uses a DB25 connector, choose from three converters: IC1476A-F-US, IC1477A-M-US, and IC1478A-F.
* If your RS-232 side uses a DB9 connector, choose between the IC1620A-F and the IC1625A-F. Both convert unbalanced RS-232 signals to balanced half-duplex RS-485 signals.
If the RS-232 side uses DB25 pinning:
Our IC1476A-F-US converts unbalanced, full-duplex RS-232 signals to balanced half- or full-duplex RS-485 signals. It uses two user-selectable methods to enable the RS-485 driver, either by toggling Request to Send (Pin 4) of the RS-232 side or by sensing the data on the Transmit Data (Pin 2) of the RS-232 side automatically. By removing both sets of jumpers, you can constantly enable the RS-485 driver and receiver. In other words, it can act like an RS-422 converter, unlike the other converters here, which use data to control the RS-485 transmitter.
The IC1477A-M-US provides the same conversion of RS-232 signals. If the peripheral you¡¯re connecting to operates on the RS-485 signal, you only need one IC1477A-M-US converter. But if the transmitting and receiving equipment only use RS-232, two converters are required, one at each end of the line.
The IC1478A-F is like the IC1476A-F-US, except that it¡¯s for 2-wire operation and its RS-485 connector is a DB25 male instead of a terminal block.
If the RS-232 side uses DB9 pinning:
The IC1620A-F and IC1625A-F feature a DB9 female connector on the RS-232 side, and either a terminal block or DB9 female on the RS-485 side. They convert your unbalanced RS-232 signals to balanced half-duplex RS-485 signals.
* Operation — IC1476A-F-US, IC1477A-M-US: 2- or 4-wire, half-or full-duplex operation;
* IC1478A-F, IC1620A-F, IC1625A-F: 2-wire, half-duplex
* Transmitter Control — IC1476A-F-US: RTS or data or always on;
* IC1477A-M-US, IC1478A-F, IC1620A-F, IC1625A-F: Data
* CE Approval — Yes
* Power — IC1476A-F-US, IC1477A-M-US: 120 VAC, 60 Hz, external;
* IC1478A-F, IC1620A-F, IC1625A-F: From the interface