- 16 x KVM / audio
- 5 local users
* 1 Analog Console Port + 1 IP User Port+ 2 Remote User Ports
16 port ServSwitch CX KVM Switch with IP connectivity
Run this multiplatform switch over CATx cable and access servers over the Internet.
* Connect one remote user and up to three local users.
* IP support enables you to access servers remotely.
* 1600 x 1200 remote resolution with scalable windows.
* Connect remotely using real VNC client software or Java™ Web browser.
* Simplify cabling with CAT5, CAT5e, or CAT6 UTP cable.
* Remote users can connect to KVM switch using ServSwitch CX Remote Units (sold separately).
* Easily switch between computers locally by hotkey, on-screen display, or mouse.
* Both the ServSwitch CX with IP and the SAMs are flash upgradable.
* Supports PC, Macintosh, and Sun.
* Connect traditional PS/2 or newer USB keyboards and mice.
* Order Server Access Modules (sold separately) with optional audio to hear audio prompts from servers.
* Cascade switches to control up to 128 servers.
* Supports DDC emulation.
The ServSwitch CX with IP may just be our most versatile ServSwitch ever—it has all the features you’re looking for to help manage your enterprise network. Like the ServSwitch CX, this model is compatible with all major computer platforms and connects via lightweight, inexpensive twisted-pair cable. But the ServSwitch CX with IP also enables you to access servers across any IP network—even the Internet.
Reaches as far as your network.
Access and switch remotely between servers over a private intranet or over the Internet. All you need is a Java™ enabled Web browser. Password security keeps out unauthorized users. To connect remote a PS/2 console to your ServSwitch CX with IP, order a ServSwitch CX Remote Unit. Three models are available: Basic, with Audio, and with Audio and Skew Compensation.
It’s secure, too.
Although the ServSwitch CX with IP can be installed behind the security of your network firewall, it also has the robust security features it needs to be safe on its own. Sophisticated 128-bit public/private key protection locks the switch tight against unauthorized access. Two-tier password protection—administrative and non-adminstrative—adds another layer of protection. You can also restrict client IP addresses, limit access to dialup connections only, or use non-standard port numbers to further confound would-be hackers.
Easier connections than ever!
There are no bulky KVM cables to deal with. Connect both user stations and servers via lightweight and inexpensive CAT5, CAT5e, or CAT6 UTP cable.
UTP cable provides more distance than KVM cable—you can connect two user stations up to 984.2 feet (300 m) from the switch. This extra distance makes it practical to set up duplicate workstations within your building—in your server room, in your office, wherever it’s convenient for you.
The servers connect with UTP cable, too. At the server end, a Server Access Module (SAM) (sold separately) provides keyboard, video, mouse, and speaker connections. Servers may be placed up to 164 feet (50 m) from the switch.
You can mix and match different kinds of servers—PC, Mac®, and Sun®—on the same CX switch! Simply choose the appropriate SAM for each server and you’re set!
What’s more, you can connect the ServSwitch CX to either a PS/2® or USB (including Macintosh®) keyboard and mouse—it includes both connector types!