The Cisco SPA8800 also has the capability to be configured as an FXO gateway for an Asterisk Open Source PBX providing a versatile solution when conditions favor an external device.
Additional features of the Cisco SPA88000 include:
* Converts voice traffic into data packets for transmission over an IP network
* Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) standards for voice and data networking provides reliable voice and fax operation
* Secure, encryption-based methods for communicating, provisioning, and servicing
* Toll-quality voice and carrier-grade feature support
* Large-scale deployment management