- Easy to read LCD display shows continuity opens shorts and pin mismatches.
- A pin mapping of the current cable is displayed while the unit performs the test.
- Identifies (8) different wiring schemes plus (1) temporary user-defined scheme.
- Includes (4) remote locator plugs each programmed with a unique ID number so multiple drops can be tested before moving the plugs to new outlets.
- Tests both shielded and unshielded cable in local and remote mode.
The StarTech.com Advanced RJ45 LAN Cable tester allows a single person to test several long cables faster and more efficiently than ever before. The tester uses remote loop-back plugs that each have their own unique ID number that the tester can identify. If several cables need to be tested, the user simply puts a loop-back plug on the end of each cable run and goes to the other end to test and identify each one. The tester provides a basic continuity test with a pin-map that will identify wiring errors, allowing them to be quickly corrected. It also identifies several common pinnings and displays the applications for each. The LANTESTPRO requires a separate 9V battery that is not included to operate.