TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To learn about third-party data practices, please visit their respective privacy policies.
CDW participates in the U.S.-EU Privacy Shield.
By providing personal data to CDW or visiting and using our Sites, you are consenting to the collection, use, sharing, transfer or other processing of your personal data as described in this Policy. If you do not consent to such processing, then please do not provide us with personal data or use our Sites.
We collect information about you in various ways, including the following.
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide us when you use our Sites from one or more devices associated with you or that you provide us in any other way. For example, we may collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number, demographics, and other information you provide us online or when you register for an account, log in to the Sites from one or more devices, subscribe to or request our services, participate in an event, contest or survey, or contact our customer service. We also collect details of your transactions on our Sites and certain third-party sites, including credit card numbers and other forms of payment information.
Information from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect either on our Sites or directly from you. As examples, we may obtain demographic data from third-party data providers to better market to you, and we may purchase or lease lists from list brokers to correct or supplement information about you.
Information Automatically Collected
When you visit our Sites, some information about your visit is automatically collected by CDW’s systems. For example, when you visit our Sites your computer's or mobile device’s operating system, application software, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, peripherals, and the websites you visited immediately before and after our Sites are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites including information about your orders, purchases, and cart activity.
- Web Beacons. We also collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images used on our Sites and in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. Since uniform standards for “Do Not Track” signals have not been adopted, CDW does not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals. To learn more about “Do Not Track”, please visit “All About Do Not Track."
Third parties may collect information about you through our Sites, including information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Sites. Some third parties provide us with analytics services and automatically collect the type of information described above. Some third parties collect information on behalf of CDW and others for online advertising purposes described below in Online Advertisements, and in Online Tracking Choices.
We may use information collected using our own and third-party cookies and Web beacons on our Sites and in our emails to deliver CDW advertising displayed to you on third-party sites and social networks. We use cookie information to know when you return to our Sites after visiting these third-party sites and services. We use this information and other information about you, including order and cart activity information, to try to understand your interests and show you advertising and information about products and services offered by CDW and its partners that may interest you.
You also may opt out of tracking and receiving interest-based advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. See also Online Tracking Choices below.
Use of Information We Collect
We use personal data collected for purposes described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed to you on our Sites or in connection with our services. For example, where permitted under applicable law, we may use information that you provide or about you to:
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- administer your account with us;
- send you transaction information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, product and services information, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- operate and improve our Sites, products and services;
- facilitate the provision of software updates, product support, and other services related to our mobile applications;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- ask you to take part in research and surveys used to measure our performance and improve our products, services and customer experience;
- send you catalogs and communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, and upcoming events;
- provide you with news about products and services offered by CDW and our selected partners;
- provide you with advertisements based on your interests;
- provide you with an interactive social media experience that allows you to connect your social networking community to our Sites; and
- link or combine with other personal data we get from third parties, to help understand your needs, customize our offerings to those needs and provide you with better service.
We require the information we collect about you for the purposes listed above. If you refuse to provide information to us or if you request that we stop processing information about you, we may not be able to provide the same level of service to you.
We may retain your information even after we have ceased providing services to you. Information collected will not be stored for longer than is necessary for the purposes described in this Policy, or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
CDW participates in the U.S.-EU Privacy Shield as part of its commitment to protect personal data it receives from customers in the European Union. You can learn more about our participation in the Privacy Shield here.
Sharing of Personal Data
Ways we may share your personal data with third parties include the following:
- with your consent;
- with trusted third parties for their own marketing purposes in compliance with applicable laws and subject to their separate privacy policies;
- when you purchase a product manufactured by a CDW partner, with that partner so that the partner may promote additional products and services;
- with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work (and only use the personal data on behalf of CDW);
- with suppliers and distributors to CDW for their internal purposes including administrative purposes; to improve performance, products and services; and for purposes relating to proposed or completed transactions facilitated by CDW;
- to support our auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information in a form that does not directly identify you.
Security of Your Personal Data
CDW takes reasonable technical, physical and administrative steps to help protect your personal data in our custody or control from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Social Networks and Accounts
Our Sites may allow you sign into and associate your social network accounts with CDW, including, but not limited to, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
CDW does not retain your username or password for social networking platforms for any longer than is necessary to complete an interaction. If you would like to disconnect a social media account from CDW, refer to the settings of that social media account and its provider.
Our Sites are general audience sites intended for corporate and governmental purchasers. Our Sites are not directed at children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
Your Rights and Choices
Email and Marketing Choices
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. In some jurisdictions, you also have the right to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal data to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by following the opt-out instructions in promotional emails and by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect personal data. To manage your email subscription, click here (US / Canada) or contact us at email@example.com (UK). To manage your Catalog subscription, click here. You may also make requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information by contacting your account manager, or by contacting Customer Relations (US). If you opt-out of promotional emails, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Access and Change Requests
You may access, correct or delete some personal and account information maintained in your E-Account through your E-Account. To request access to, or the correction or deletion of any other information about you or content you post on our Sites, please contact your account manager. If you do not know your account manager, simply click here or call 866.782.4239 (US / Canada), or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (UK). We reserve the right to decline requests unless required by applicable law.
Tracking Technology Choices
Changes to this Policy
If you wish to request information regarding the use or disclosure of your personal data by CDW, or if you have any questions about this Policy, please send an email to email@example.com. Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:
Global Compliance & Ethics
25 Tri-State International
Lincolnshire, IL 60069