- Cisco IOS
The Cisco 2518 is an intelligent workgroup Ethernet hub with sophisticated internetwork connectivity provided by its built-in WAN interfaces and the Cisco Internetwork Operating System (Cisco IOS software).
This hub provides the capabilities of an Ethernet unshielded twisted pair (UTP) concentrator, an intelligent Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) internetwork router, and an ISDN terminal adapter.
The Cisco 2518 has the following features:
- 23 available Ethernet hub ports.
- Hub ports and router interfaces that can be configured using a modem, local terminal, or a PC.
- SNMP-managed hub and router ports.
- One ISDN (two B channels, one D channel) BRI operating at 128 kbps.
- Two synchronous serial interfaces operating at up to 2 Mbps.
- One AUI port for an external hub connection
- Numerous Cisco IOS feature sets.
- One asynchronous serial interface for low-speed WAN access for dial-on-demand routing or dial backup connections. Dial-on-demand routing reduces the cost of wide-area access by making use of ISDN or serial dial-up lines as an alternative to costly leased lines.
- Easy access to configuration switches and jumpers on the hub port card, management card, and router card.
- Intelligent in-band hub management with the router card allows you to manage the hub.
Software for the management card is included in firmware that is accessible through the management card console port.