- inline data deduplication
- 10-30x data reduction
- 99% bandwidth reduction
- replication for network-based disaster recovery
- or Symantec OST
- up to 135TB logical capacity in 3u chassis
High-Speed Inline Deduplication Storage Systems
The Data Domain Appliance Series delivers the highest throughput and scalability of any deduplication storage system in the industry and was designed to be seamlessly and cost-effectively integrated into existing infrastructures. Unlike other disk-based backup products that serve as front-ends to a tape library infrastructure, the Appliance Series provides cost-effective long-term onsite retention and highly efficient network-based data replication for disaster recovery (DR), remote office protection and tape consolidation.
Key features include:
• Massive Data Reduction: Driven by Data Domain’s fast, inline deduplication and compression technology, Global Compression™, the Appliance Series offers an average 20x data reduction for backup images, enabling cost-efficient, long-term retention.
• Fully Compatible with All Leading Enterprise Backup and Archiving Software: The DD510 is designed to easily integrate into the existing backup infrastructure and supports all leading enterprise backup and archiving software.
• High Throughput and Extended Retention: The DD510 delivers up to 290GB/hr of throughput and offers up to 135TB of logical capacity, allowing months of online backup image retention and ensuring fast, reliable data restores from disk.
• Reliable, Rapid Recoveries: Data Domain’s high capacity allows long-term online retention and ensures that recoveries will come from a Data Domain system.
• Local and Remote Site Data Protection: Data Domain Replicator software enables Data Domain deduplication storage systems to function as a highly efficient replication solution for DR, remote office data protection and multi-site tape consolidation.
• Advanced Data Integrity: Data Domain’s Data Invulnerability Architecture provides the best defense against data integrity issues with continuous fault detection and healing, and end-to-end verification of data
recoverability at time of backup.
• Operational Simplicity: One of Data Domain’s key design considerations has been simplicity. Few can afford to rip out existing systems, backup software, or even backup policies.
• Standard Interface Support: Data Domain systems easily fit into the existing backup infrastructure using standard interfaces such as NFS, CIFS, FC, and Symantec OST.
• Proven Deduplication Storage Solutions: Data Domain deduplication technology has changed the economics of storage to help build reliable, efficient, and cost-effective data protection architectures. Enterprises of all sizes are using Data Domain solutions to reduce backup costs and simplify data recovery. Data Domain solutions enable the use of the right combination of proven products, technologies and partners to address challenges in several areas:
• Backup and Recovery
• Disaster Recovery
• Tape Consolidation
• WAN Vaulting
• Data Center Backup
• Remote Site Replication
Supported Backup and Archiving Vendors:
• Computer Associates
• Visit www.datadomain.com for a complete list of supported vendors and products.
• Data Domain Virtual Tape Library
• Data Domain Replicator Software