- inline data deduplication
- 20x data compression
- 99% bandwidth reduction
- WAN vaulting for network-based backup and disaster recovery
- NAS or VTL
- up to 1.25PB logical capacity
Data Domain’s Enterprise Protection Storage systems have been designed from ground up to optimize data protection and disaster recovery (DR) performance and reduce costs — all leveraging your existing backup protection investments.
Data Domain addresses backup and recovery challenges with:
• Long Term Data Retention at the Cost of Tape: Data Domain’s highly efficient Global Compression™ deduplication and compression technology, has radically changed the storage economics to less than $0.35/GB. This not only significantly reduces the cost of disk based storage and the amount of physical backup data to manage, but also allows Data Domain systems to retain months of backup data.
• Optimized for Both Backup and Recovery Processes: With Data Domain, you don’t have to choose between backups and recoveries for performance or reliability. High throughput (up to 6.4 TB/hour of sustained throughput) allows Data Domain systems to process simultaneous backup, recovery and replication operations.
• Reliable, Rapid Recoveries: Data Domain’s high capacity (up to 15 petabytes) allows long-term online retention. This ensures recoveries will come from a Data Domain system which provides additional data integrity protection through its Data Invulnerability Architecture, which verifies the data is complete and restorable at time of backup.
• Simplified Remote Office Data Protection: Data Domain enables both centrally managed data protection and automated offsite DR for remote offices while consolidating tape infrastructure with 99% bandwidth reduction.
• Easy Integration with Existing Infrastructure: One of Data Domain’s key design considerations has been simplicity. Few can afford to rip out existing systems, backup software, or even backup policies.
• Standard Interface Support: Data Domain systems easily fit into the existing backup infrastructure using standard interfaces such as NFS, CIFS, NDMP and virtual tape library (VTL).
• Compatibility with All Leading Enterprise Backup Software: Data Domain Enterprise Protection Storage systems work seamlessly with standard backup software such as:
o - Atempo Time Navigator
o - BakBone NetVault
o - CommVault Galaxy
o - Computer Associates BrightStor ARCserve
o - EMC Legato Networker
o - HP OpenView Data Protector
o - IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
o - Oracle Recovery Manager
o - Symantec VERITAS NetBackup, Backup Exec, and Backup Exec System Recovery
• Support for Various Applications and Data Types: Data Domain protects the complete range of enterprise and developer application data, including:
o - Oracle and other databases
o - Exchange and other email applications
o - Developer files, e.g. ClearCase, CVS
o - Enterprise applications such as CRM and ERP
o - VMware