- port RS-232 serial hub with DB9 connectors and USB interface
The USB architecture currently provided by IntelÂ®, MicrosoftÂ®, and most major PC manufacturers is designed to deliver an industry standard for PC connectivity today. The PC industry is moving rapidly towards a "locked-box" approach to computer design, which means you never have to remove the cover from your computer to add a peripheral device.
Plug in! Youâ€™ll never need to open the chassis or power down your PC or server to install Multiple Serial ports with any EdgePort. Inside Out Networksâ„¢ delivers the USB technology needed to convert your PC into a powerful communications server or workstation by providing instant connectivity to modems, ISDN terminal adapters, and other serial devices. Unlike current ISA and PCI-based card products, the EdgePort gets you "out of the box" and running with reliable, easy-to-use USB technology.
Setup is a wiz!
Simply plug in the EdgePort, install the wizard configuration software, and youâ€™re done! Inside Out Networkâ€™s USB technology means never having to deal with card slots, IRQ jumpers, DMA channels, or device addresses when installing the EdgePort or connecting peripheral devices.
Imagine never running out of I/O slots!
The Edgeport provides the scalability and flexibility to adapt quickly to new technologies. Multiple EdgePort modules can be added to a single USB interface. Easy and convenient connectivity to additional devices means that your network can grow with your requirements.
The bottom line
Since the EdgePort is a user installable solution, users dramatically reduce on-site installation and downtime costs. Scalability and ease of installation and setup allow you to leverage your existing PC or Serverâ€™s USB port to realize a lower total cost of ownership (TCO) over older technologies.
- Eight high-speed EIA-232 serial ports
- Supports baud rates from 75bps to 230Kbps
- Fully compatible with USB specification v1.0
- UARTs are backward compatible with 16550 UART
- 64byte FIFOs for increased serial performance
- Front panel LED displays device status and serial port activity
- Powered solely from USB bus
- No external power supply needed
- Power supply optional for limited serial device power
- Consumes less than 500mA at full operating speed
- Device uses E2PROM for field-upgradeable code
- Ideal for connection to 56K modems
- Length: 4.35 in (11.05 cm)
- Height: 1.75 in (4.45 cm)
- Width: 7.2 in (18.29 cm)
- Weight: 16 oz (498 g)