- port RS-232/422/485 serial hub with DB9 connectors
The USB architecture currently provided by Intel®, Microsoft®, and most major PC manufacturers is designed to deliver an industry standard for PC connectivity today. The PC industry is moving rapidly towards a "locked-box" approach to computer design, which means you never have to remove the cover from your computer to add a peripheral device.
Plug in! You’ll never need to open the chassis or power down your PC or server to install Multiple Serial ports with any EdgePort. Inside Out Networks™ delivers the USB technology needed to convert your PC into a powerful communications server or workstation by providing instant connectivity to modems, ISDN terminal adapters, and other serial devices. Unlike current ISA and PCI-based card products, the EdgePort gets you "out of the box" and running with reliable, easy-to-use USB technology.
Setup is a wiz!
Simply plug in the EdgePort, install the wizard configuration software, and you’re done! Inside Out Network’s USB technology means never having to deal with card slots, IRQ jumpers, DMA channels, or device addresses when installing the EdgePort or connecting peripheral devices.
Imagine never running out of I/O slots!
The Edgeport provides the scalability and flexibility to adapt quickly to new technologies. Multiple EdgePort modules can be added to a single USB interface. Easy and convenient connectivity to additional devices means that your network can grow with your requirements.
The bottom line
Since the EdgePort is a user installable solution, users dramatically reduce on-site installation and downtime costs. Scalability and ease of installation and setup allow you to leverage your existing PC or Server’s USB port to realize a lower total cost of ownership (TCO) over older technologies.
- Eight high-speed RS-232/422/485 serial ports
- Supports baud rates from 75bps to 230Kbps
- Fully compatible with USB specification v1.0
- UARTs are backward compatible with 16550 UART
- 64byte FIFOs for increased serial performance
- Front panel LED displays device status and serial port activity
- Powered solely from USB bus
- No external power supply needed
- Power supply optional for limited serial device power
- Consumes less than 500mA at full operating speed
- Device uses E2PROM for field-upgradeable code
- Ideal for connection to 56K modems