- Flexible 4x1GbE SFP/10GbE SFP+ uplinks provide high-speed connectivity
- 48 ports(10/100/1000BASE-T) are available with or without PoE/PoE+
- Airflow: 25 cfm
- Packet-Switching Capacities: 176 Gbps
- Acoustic Noise: 48.5dB
- Energy Efficient Ethernet support is provided on 1GbE ports
- Fixed power supply and uplink ports ensure operational simplicity
- Low power consumption
- Low acoustic fans and a small 10" deep footprint enable flexible environmentally friendly deployment
Each EX2300 switch includes an ASIC-based Packet Forwarding Engine (PFE) with an integrated CPU to consistently deliver wire-rate forwarding, even with all control plane features enabled. Based on existing, field-proven Juniper Networks technology, the PFE brings the same level of carrier-class performance and reliability to the EX2300 switches that Juniper Networks routers bring to the world’s largest service provider networks.
Select EX2300 models also support the 802.3af Class 3 Power over Ethernet (PoE) and 802.3at PoE+ standards for supporting networked devices such as telephones, video
cameras, IEEE 802.11ac WLAN access points, and videophones in converged networks. The PoE-enabled EX2300 switches include a maximum system budget of 740 watts to deliver
up to 30 watts to select ports.
The EX2300 fixed-configuration Ethernet switches provide exceptional value to enterprise
customers by supporting the following key technologies:
• Juniper Networks Junos® Fusion Enterprise allows more than 100 EX2300 switches to be configured as satellite devices that connect to EX9200 core aggregation devices.
• Virtual Chassis technology enables up to four interconnected EX2300 switches to form a single logical device.
• Flexible 4x1GbE SFP/10GbE SFP+ uplinks provide high-speed connectivity to aggregation layer switches or other upstream devices.
• 24 10/100/1000BASE-T ports are available with or without PoE/PoE+.
• Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) support is provided on 1GbE ports.
• Complete Layer 2 and basic Layer 3 switching capabilities are available.
• Simplified management uses Juniper Networks Junos Space Network Director and J-Web GUI.