- A port on a laptop with this SATA to USB cable
- The SATA to USB adapter is a portable solution no external power is required
- The cable is plug-and-play and doesn’t require drivers
- The hard drive USB adapter supports USB 3.0 5Gbps but you can experience 70% faster data transfer speeds if your laptop supports UASP
- The hard drive transfer cable lets you easily swap between drives with no need to install the drive inside an enclosure
Know your gear
This SATA to USB cable is an external drive adapter that gives you quick and easy access to a SATA drive through the USB-A port on a laptop.
Upgrade the Drive on Your Laptop
This SATA solid-state (SSD) or hard drive (HDD) adapter lets you upgrade to an external 2.5” SATA SSD or HDD.
The cable lets you: add drive space, perform backups, create disk images, implement data recovery, and transfer content between the drive and the laptop. The hard drive converter externally connects directly to your hard drive connector and your computer's USB port.
Faster Transfer Speeds with UASP
The cable supports USB 3.0 data transfer speeds of 5Gbps. But, you can experience transfer speeds up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0, when connected to a computer that also supports UASP. With UASP you can utilize the full potential of a SATA III SSD or HDD. UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux.
In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing, UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Connect from Anywhere
The SATA to USB cable is a portable solution that tucks away nicely in a laptop bag -- no external power is required. The cable lets you easily swap between drives with no need to install the drive inside an enclosure. It’s plug-and-play and doesn’t require drivers.
USB3S2SAT3CB is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.