- Allows you to connect a 9-pin RS-232 serial device to a computer or laptop w/ a USB Type-A port
- Works with modems digital cameras PDAs ISDN terminals and other devices with a serial port
- Supports data transfer speeds up to 230 Kbps
- No external power required
- Compatible with Windows Mac & Linux computers and Android Tablets/Phones (See System Requirements for details)
- USB to Serial / USB to RS232 / USB to DB9 / USB to Serial Adapter cable / USB to Serial Port
- 1-year warranty
Connect a Serial Device with a DB9 Port to a USB PC or Laptop. Get USB benefits such as Plug&Play from a serial device.
The U209-000-R USB-to-Serial Adapter Cable allows you to connect a 9-pin RS-232 serial device to a computer or laptop with a USB Type-A port. It works with modems, digital cameras, PDAs, ISDN terminals and other devices with a serial port. The U209-000-R supports data transfer speeds up to 230 Kbps - twice as fast as a built-in serial port. No external power is required, and the compact 1.52 m (5-ft.) cable tucks away conveniently in your backpack or laptop bag for easy traveling. Doubled-shielded design with gold-plated contacts, tinned copper braid and aluminum Mylar foil shield eliminates crosstalk and reduces EMI/RFI interference. Compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, 7, Server 2008, 8, 8.1, Server 2012, and 10; Mac OS X 10.6 through 10.10; and Linux Redhat 7.3, 8.0 and 9.0. Also works with Android tablets and smartphones with the addition of a USB Host Mode (OTG) cable.